Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who am I?

My name is Connor Matthews. I live in Chicago, Illinois. I have two younger brothers and a younger sister, and two dogs. My first dog, Chili, is a chihuahua, and my second, Ringo, is a bulldog/shitzu mix. You can see Ringo as my profile picture to the right.

I love college and BYU. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to go here for college, maybe because both my parents are alumni and they talked about BYU quite a bit. I love the atmosphere at BYU, and that I can get a great education for fairly cheap compared to other universities. I really enjoy learning about politics and current issues, so I figured I would major in political science. I also want to become a lawyer, so I figure a political science major will help prepare me for law school.

Other than going to law school, I don't really have a plan for the future. I don't know where I will end up. When I was in high school, this was a big stressor for me, and caused me a lot of anxiety. But I have learned to just try to take things a day at a time, and eventually everything will work out. Right now, I just need to finish this blog and get a good grade in Writing 150. Fingers crossed...

3 comments:

  1. Thats awesome about law school! Have you noticed that a tonnnn of mormons are lawyers? Haha.. I didn't realize it until I came to BYU and 6 of my best friends dads are lawyers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be an awesome lawyer one day, no doubt! I really agree with what you said about stressing out over things easily, you really do have to take things a day at a time because you never know exactly where you're going to end up, you just have to have faith you'll end up somewhere good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kimberly: Yeah I have! There are like five lawyers in just my immediate family, it's crazy.

    @Claire: Thanks! Glad I'm not the only one who freaks out when the topic of the future comes up. :)

    ReplyDelete