Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Article Outline Post

I am going to outline the article I wrote my rhetorical analysis paper on, The Environmental Benefits of Globalization by John A. Charles.

Charles begins by stating what topic he will address in his paper and his thesis, which is that American economic policies and the consumer lifestyle is sustainable on a global scale. In his next paragraph he explains the issue and the oppositions viewpoint, showing the "narration/explanation" step. Then Charles states facts and uses them to prove his argument in several body paragraphs, completing the "statement of fact" and "proof" sections of his article. After making his point, Charles proceeds to refuting the opposition's counter-arguments and concludes his article strongly.

3 comments:

  1. I wrote about my RA article too! Good job with your outline. Keep it up!
    -csm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone was smart and did their R.A. article!

    -ER

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of most articles is when they address the counterarguments. That was always my favorite part of debate and writing. I think it is critical to getting your point across.
    sak

    ReplyDelete