Friday, February 25, 2011

My Thoughts on the Rhetorical Analysis

Coming into the rhetorical analysis essay, I had no idea what to expect. I had never ever heard of a rhetorical analysis before, and had never written one. I hoped that in class we would have a workshop to learn how to write these essays, but I was disappointed when it never happened. I realize that many people wrote rhetorical analysis essays in high school, but for someone like me who had no experience with this style of writing, it was confusing to find a place to start. I ended up teaching myself how to write a rhetorical analysis be reading several examples and reading the book, but I was still unsure whether I was doing the paper correctly. That is why I think one of the things that could be improved upon for the rhetorical analysis project is to teach how a proper rhetorical analysis should be written and what it should include.

Other than the rocky start I had, I eventually found what I needed to do and I think I wrote a fairly good paper. It may have been different, but I enjoyed learning a new style of writing.

1 comment:

  1. I had a hard time with the RA as well, but you wrote an amazing paper. You should give yourself a pat on the back!
    -csm

    ReplyDelete